pinterest

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Combination Plate Socks

As the saying goes, necessity if the mother of invention!

 

In 2019 my ankle high boots that I had been wearing for years finally were so worn out that there was no saving them..then 2020 hit and going shoe shopping in person was not something that I was up for doing.

 

I ordered some boots for days where I didn't need "snow boots" but needed more than dress shoes or sneakers (tennis shoes, trainers, running shoes..depending on where you hail from)  from an online retailer and was shocked and amazed when they actually fit!  Maybe a little too well.


When the days grew dark and the mornings were cold (but not snowy or icy) I found that my thicker socks made my boots feel just a touch tight and my thinner socks left my ankles cold!


Introducing Combination Plate Socks...worsted weight yarn legs with fingering weight yarn for the heel and foot were perfect!





TDQ then wanted "springy" socks that could be pulled up or slouched down (and wanted to call them Tigger Socks because she thought they looked like Tigger's Tail...Disney enforces their rights pretty rigorously...so my original name stuck!) but all in one weight...so a Trio of patterns was born.

 

Hers are all in fingering weight yarn...Low Carb if you will.

 

 And then...TFB needed socks to go in his winter steel toed boots...and a Full Fat Version was added.

You can find all three patterns in both my Ravelry and Payhip stores...Love Crafts will be coming soon, they always seem to take a bit longer!


You can buy the patterns individually or add all three to your shopping cart to get a significant discount. (On Payhip start with Combination Plate to get the discount on the other patterns!)


My test knitters had a lot of fun with these and I hope you do too!


Until next time...


Happy Knitting!


~M

 


No comments: