pinterest

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Time, Time, Time

How are we approaching mid February already?

So much knitting has been, and needs to be, happening in my little corner of the world!

When I put up my latest calls for test knitters one of my "regulars" mentioned that she was looking for a fairly specific pattern to make a poncho for a soon-to-be-new-mom.  When she first mentioned it I didn't have any plans to design on...but driving around that day inspiration struck and I spent a few days playing with yarn and cables.



All I need to do now is sew the toggles on and finish cleaning up the pattern!  It will be a very large file by the time I am done as I am grading it through several sizes and each one needs to have its own cable design so that the larger sizes do not have acres and acres of open areas between the cables, which will take some time.

I also need to spend some serious time working up the sample for an Estonian inspired 3/4 square shawl.  I actually wrote up the pattern last year and got some decadent lace weight yarn from Unplanned Peacock last September for it. 
This one will probably go up for testing this summer and be an Fall pattern release. (My time lines are long!)

I also need to get photos of a cowl so that the tech editor can work their magic on making sure I have all my ducks in a row for early spring testing and late spring pattern release. It's in another yarn I got at Wool Gathering last year...Peacock Fluff.

And...I need to carve out some time to knit up the samples of some summer placemats for my patio table.  Similar in concept to the coaster that was in Knotions last year the plan is to have a regular rectangle version and one shaped to fit better on a round table.

So all I need is...more time to get all the knitting done!

What are you spending time on?

Until next time....Happy Knitting!

~M

No comments: