pinterest

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Chit Chatting Away

Oh the past week has been the usual whirlwind of places to be, things to do, patterns to release...and the next few weeks get even more filled with places to be, things to do...it's wedding and graduation season at Chez Yarn Diet!

So in an attempt to play catch up...

Announcing...

Just So Stories, How the Rhino Got His Skin!

Another pattern in my explorations of new and different things to do with that skein of self striping yarn you have had in your stash when it was "too pretty" to hide in your shoes!

This time around, Felici Worsted Weight makes for a thoroughly decadent, warm neck wrap!

Worked in bright colors, like the picture above, it makes a great statement piece, in subdued colors (like below) a more subtle cuddle.

Folded over, it is very much like the wrinkly skin of  a Rhino, with lots of little pockets to trap warm air and keep you cozy...pulled up, it is tall enough to cover your ears when the wind blows!

You can get the pattern on  Ravelry.

A year after it's initial debut on Knotions, Ashes of Roses has been released with extended endings and new line by line instructions for the previously charted only pattern.

This pattern, or rather the versions that other knitters have made, has, to my knowledge won three best in show awards at Fairs, raised money for charity, been worn to weddings...the list goes on!

Again you can get the pattern on Ravelry but also on Love Knitting!  (Of course the free version is still available on Knotions, so long as charts are your thing and you don't want the additional endings!)

(Side note, those additional endings...knitters who got the pattern and had extra gradient emailed me or private messaged me through Ravelry to see if I had them and I wrote them based on their yarn availability.  Never be afraid to ask..I think it's fun to help knitters get to use every possible inch of that special yarn!  And while I can't always fit that play into my schedule, if I can...you betcha I will!)

And on that note...I have a wedding to get ready for!

~M




No comments: