pinterest

Thursday, December 27, 2018

And so, that was Christmas

Such a lot of activity, although not much blogging,  in these parts from the end of November to now the end of December!

The Indie Gift Along has become a staple of that whirlwind the past few years, and this year has been no different!

So far, and there are still a few days left to sneak in some extra projects, I have completed 8 projects by other designers for the GAL and snuck in one of my own as part of the After Party Gals Advent Mystery Sock Along.

These were completed before Christmas, and given to the people they were meant for.

Ballan Hat by Tracey Lee.
Oberon Socks by Kate Poe.
Fafnir Hat by Karen Robinson
Bias Drop Scarf by Dragon Wing Arts.
Wedded Bliss Socks by Tanja Leuscher
Two Versions of Focalise by Kirsten McTeer


The Mystery Advent Socks, you can find the clues on Instagram.
And then finally my "I am all through knitting presents and it is only just Christmas Eve project..."

Here We Gnome Again by Sarah Schira.
The discerning among you will notice that the gnome is made from leftover bits from all of the hats, and will be my gift to myself! I didn't have any of the suggested poly pellets to stuff him with, so instead he is stuffed with a combination of wool roving and navy beans.  (I might have to cast on another one using the leftovers from the sock weight projects!)

Now that the Christmas rush is over, it is time for me to organize my projects for next year.    I put my things on hold during the holiday season, so there are lots of test knits to set up, patterns to finalize and photo shoots to get done.

If you are interested in test knitting for me...drop a post here and I can add you to the list!  I'll give you a sneak peak of some of the items that coming up another day!

Until then...I hope you had the Merriest of Christmases and are looking forward to the Happiest of a New Year!

~M








No comments: