pinterest

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Week that was.....

What did you get up to this week?

I got up to a little finishing, a little starting, a little feeling like one of the Step Sisters from Cinderella, a little starting over and a little continuing.

We will take it from the top!

In the finishing department we have Candy Cane Socks.

Destined to be worn on the feet of TDQ, but not until her birthday, they are a plain vanilla sock with a hint of sparkle.  I had the yarn in my stash for a while, and now I can't find the ball band to tell you what it was! Obviously it was meant for Christmas style socks with a color name like Candy Cane, when the ball band shows up (possibly in the bottom of my traveling knitting bag) I will let you know!







Do you think she will like them?

In the starting department we have Water for the Elephants.  As soon as I had one pair of socks off the needles I cast on another!  I haven't knit stranded socks in a while and I am the next one that needs some socks so I picked out some neutral tones and set myself up with a little music.  Singing along and knitting didn't work out too well for me, as I put the heel in on the wrong side, so the pretty little elephant was going to be forever looking at where we had been instead of where we were going.
 
 Not one to give up so easily I was prepared to live with that small error, right up until I decided to try the sock on!  Just like the step sisters in Cinderella, there was no forcing that sock onto my foot!  But, starting over has it's good points, I like my socks just a little taller than the pattern so I took the opportunity to add a small section to the leg, and while I was at it I rearranged the charts just a little so I can do my favorite heel and keep the start of the round in the back the way I like.

And in all of this I also fought with acrylic yarn that wants to get tangled up and knit a few more rows on the Big Blue Thing,
 
 and a few more repeats on my red mohair lace thing.

Not too bad, I always feel like I am behind these days, but I do have something to show for the little bit of knitting time I eek out of every day!

~M

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow the Water for elephants socks are fantastic. I'm hopeless at stranded colour work socks. And why do I think of Tardis?