pinterest

Sunday, February 17, 2008

I said I would and I did.




I said I would knit it again, this time in a solid color and I did. Misti Alpaca Lace yarn and size 1 - yes you read that right, size 1 needles. The other variations of this shawl had been a little on the big side for me so I went for the tightest knit that I could tolerate and then, well to put it in plain terms....blocked the hell out of it ! (in case you were wondering the color name is denim.) She came off the blocking board just before 8pm and we took pictures immediately. I am sure that once we see some daylight tomorrow I will be able to get better ones...note to self, wear a white shirt so the lace shows up ! (sorry for the fuzzy, my dear daughter took the pic for me and couldn't hold my camera still to save her life ! )

Other than that I have been working at designing and knitting "The not-so Perfect" baby blanket. I need to move some yarn out of my stash and I didn't have enough of a single color of baby-yarn to knit a decent size blanket, so it has different panels.....the not so perfect ?....I can't count. The first section is about ten rows longer than the other sections and I am too lazy to frog it and start again, juggling five balls of yarn and size 9 needles after a nice comforting lace project is bad enough without frogging an entire knitting session.

Not much to say on the food front...ate crepes today, does that count as food ???

Later

~M

No comments: