pinterest

Friday, March 27, 2020

#AloneTogether

The world is a very different place than it was when two designer friends and I worked #AloneTogether to create an unusual shawl for Knotions, but the timing seems very appropriate for the publication.
photo by Kellie Nuss Photography for Knotions.

Let me start by introducing you to the other two parts of the team!

Linette Grayum has had several patterns published in Knotions, but I originally "met" her in the Indie Gift Along when I worked on one of her hat patterns as one of my projects.  She and her family travel around the US in a tiny camper and her designs are usually inspired by nature.  You can see some of her travels on Instagram.

Tanja Luescher has also had several patterns published in Knotions.  I'm not sure if we "chatted" during the Gift Along, but we both belong to another group on Ravelry that is "chat heavy" so I have got to know her quite well!  I made her International Cowl this past year and loved it!  She, her husband and her cats live in Switzerland.  You can see more of her knitting and a few pictures of her cats on Instagram.

Together, but apart, we created a shawl that is knit in five segments.  Each of us knit our own sample segments, then I knit theirs to seam together with mine and send to the photographer. A group project, but the individual members of the group never met in person.

Perfect for an #AloneTogether knit along if you would like,Galaxy Traveler takes you on a journey across the galaxy, with a spacethip that takes you past stars and comets to the black hole at the center of the Milky Way.  You can knit all the segments, pick your favorites and mix and match five panels or knit with your friends (Alone or Together) to create a truly unique to you shawl.

Available now from Knotions and on Ravelry!

Tomorrow I will tell you all about the second shawl I have in this issue of Knotions...

Until then, remember...times are hard, but you can do hard things, be kind to each other and knit on!

~M

No comments: