pinterest

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Ask a Busy Person

I heard a long time ago, that if you want something done, to ask a busy person to do it!  Something about people who are busy having to really structure their time to fit everything in...

I used to think I was that busy person!  Full time job, part time job, non-profit work, family, home...and it all seemed to get done even when someone would say "Hey, can I add this one more thing to your plate?"

The past few weeks I have certainly not been that person!

All the "I have to do this to keep our lives running" was done...everyone got where they were supposed to be, when they were supposed to be there, the deadline knitting was done by the deadline, clients got their calls on time and yet...nothing got posted here about not one but two finished objects I wanted to talk about!

So, we'll jump in now and pretend really hard that it is Friday, not Saturday and this is a Friday Finished Object post.

Can you pretend that for me?

First up is this glorious cowl by Kelly G and available through Knotions in the e-book Cable Star.

I was lucky enough to get a preview of the pattern and I knew I had to cast it on right away, in purple, for the purple loving TDQ.

The knitting went very quickly on this one and I adore the way that it can be worn over your ears to keep the wind off them during the long, dark, cold days of winter.






Mine is knit in KnitPicks Wool of the Andes Superwash and the only thing I did differently than the pattern suggests was to pick up all the stitches needed for the edging (without knitting them) before starting the edge.



 Obviously, as it is purple, she loves it!












Next up...while we are talking about cables...my newest pattern with Knotions The Gate Post Hat...

For this hat I wanted something "interesting to knit, unisex and very stretchy" to fill the needs of so many non-profits trying to keep people warm during those long, dark, cold days of winter.

Knit in a sport weight yarn (which is not a weight I am usually drawn to!) the knitting goes quickly and the double thickness at the brim certainly keeps your (or the recipients) ears warm!

Follow the link above for the fancy, professional photos...here are the "amateur hour" pictures we did before sending the hat to the professional photographer!



And with that...I have household chores to do...seems cleaning bathrooms fell down to under "blog" on the "need to do" list.

Happy Knitting!

~M

No comments: