pinterest

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Blurry

No Silent Sunday this week...apart from the horrors of the latest news stories...that came a little too close to home today...the past week is a bit blurry!

Why?

I played a part (albeit small) in GISH this year!  (I linked to the list of challenges and I'll share one of the ones I did with you, because it is actually knitting relevant!)

Task 200...knit or crochet a doily of the solar system.

Obviously not to scale...and Jupiter is a hot mess but I included all 8 planets that we currently know of, 5 dwarf planets, as knitted in items (so no cheating and knitting them separately and sewing them on later) and  the asteroid belt and kuiper belt in lace.

I used a mix of various Knit Picks lace weight yarns, some pearle cotton and some sock weight scraps that were hanging around my desk.

I even gave Pluto a little heart!

 In addition to silly things like this...which took way more time than it probably should have (I think there are about 30,000 stitches in that piece!) there were fundraising efforts, random donations to shelters...learning new skills...it was certainly a busy week!

Now I am off to eat the last of the cake that looked like an antique steam train!

~M


No comments: