pinterest

Monday, August 16, 2021

Time is an Illusion, doubly so at lunchtime!

I started this post on Thursday, fully intending to publish it at the same time as I published a new pattern on Friday...and somehow time got away from me!


Introducing...Sudden Down Pour.



This generously sized, heart shaped, shawl is another piece inspired by rain.  Her sister piece, I am the Storm, was supposed to be the last in a series but jumped the queue and ended up being published first; which I supposed makes this one the second in the series.

Starting with a small garter tab, this shawl gains most of her size in a twisted garter stitch body, then ends with a "sudden down pour" of lace raindrops and beads.

Available all the usual places...Ravelry, Payhip, and Love Crafts this shawl combines a simple to knit body, suitable for working on anywhere and any-when (Zoom meetings was a favorite for one of my test knitters), the beaded lace does require a bit more attention, and the beaded bind off adds plenty of weight to the piece so it doesn't fly off your shoulders.



As always, my newsletter subscribers got a special discount on the pattern, so if patterns like this are ones that you would love, sign up for my newsletter here and you'll sporadically get an email with a special discount code!


In other news, lots of gardening and more importantly garden clean up has been happening.  That's probably where all the time I am missing ran off to!


And some knitting happened, too!



Until next time...


Knit Happy!


~M


No comments: