pinterest

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Chatty

Is it just me, or is time moving at really strange paces this year?

My days seem to be melting into weeks and nearly a month has gone by since I last checked in here!

I got bitten by the Fall Cleaning bug a couple of weeks ago, so my non-working time was filled with washing curtains, walls, windows and scrubbing those areas of the house that are usually hidden by furniture (how does so much dust and cat hair end up on the baseboards of my walls? Or hot cocoa spills behind the sofa?)  I reorganized the pantry...someone keeps putting back nearly empty containers of things...and washed all the winter quilts that (although they had been stored clean) needed a bit of a refresh before being put on beds.

My family made jokes about my being very early for next years Spring clean, but, with 2020 being the year it has been, I think that a good Fall Clean Up is just as, if not more, important than cleaning out the winter dust when we can open the windows and let the fresh air in again when the weather warms.  The sensible among us will be spending a lot of time at home, with the windows shut through the winter this year.

Not that there hasn't been knitting going on...mostly secret things though and starting to prep for the Indie Gift Along, which will feel a bit different with the issues that Ravelry still has with accessibility.

 

Sneaky Peak at secret knitting...

 


 

For those of you who have participated in the After Party Gals Christmas MKAL in the past, yes, we are doing it again!  I have so much fun collaborating with Annina and Tanja to bring you a special pattern.  We all have such different strengths and design "looks" but they somehow just seem to mesh so well together!  I can't wait to share pictures of what we designed this year...I think it is our best year yet!

And in just a week NaKnitMo starts, so I hope you will join me there, counting stitches through the month of November! 



One last plug for my Dissent Pattern, available on Ravelry, Payhip and Love Crafts...all proceeds through election day will be going to charities near and dear to my heart...once we see who has won that election I will pick new charities to donate proceeds to.


Until next time, hopefully at least next week, but time...you know...wibbly, wobbly, timey, whimey, stuff!


Stay Well!


~M

No comments: