pinterest

Saturday, June 29, 2019

In The Summer Time

It's no secret, even in the summer time when the weather is hot I still knit!  Sitting on the patio with a glass of water (or wine) with my feet up, watching the hummingbirds dart to the feeder or the chipmunks rushing around stealing bird seed...all the while with a project in my hands.

I even  wear my hand knits during the heat of summer...my Norma Jeanne tank top, or a light shawl over a commercially made one...and in that overly climate controlled office...a pair of lacy fingerless mitts to keep my hands from freezing!

Do you need something to keep the chill from your fingers while you work?

Presenting Scrolling Mitts, available now on Knotions!

Made from a light cotton blend yarn...I used Brown Sheep Cotton Fine...these mitts feature an all over, but very simple, lace pattern, thumb gussets and a twisted ribbed cuff.  Ideal for knitting on the patio, with that glass of water (or wine), no large mass of wool in your lap making you hot.

They also make great gifts, so if you didn't start your holiday knitting in February, you can start now and probably have a pair finished by the end of the weekend!

What colors would you make yours in?

In other news, if you missed your chance to pick up Aviarium as a single pattern download from Knotions you can still get it...

either in their Full Issue E-book or now from my Ravelry Store and soon on Love Crafts.

Until next time...Happy Knitting!

~M





No comments: