pinterest

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Noisy

The Indie Gift Along is in full swing and...well that has kept my fingers occupied with knitting and chatting the chat threads, but didn't stop me from releasing a new pattern!

Presenting Norma Jeanne!

Yes...I know for me it is approaching the coldest days of the year, but, when it gets cold my thoughts turn to summer when I need a cotton tank top!  (And for my own personal use I might have a merino version too!)  Plus, in half the world it is approaching the hottest days of summer!

Knit in fingering weight, this oh-so-prim and proper top (from the front anyway!) goes from sedately being office ware under a jacket to full on "out partying at the beach bar" from the back!

You can get the pattern now on Ravelry!

As I said I have been knitting up a storm for the GAL...so far four projects are complete and the fifth is well on its way on my needles.

First up :  Ballan Hat

TDQ loves sunflowers so when I saw this pattern released earlier this year I knew I had to make it for her.  Tracey Lee (who hails from where it is summer now) does a wonderful job on what I consider the most important aspect of a hat...the crown!

Second up:  Oberon Socks

TOB loves green and it is traditional that he gets socks in his stocking and this pattern has all the things that make it the perfect pair of socks for someone who is about to have his internet name changed to Big Foot...(US Size 13 and growing!)  Lots of easy to do rows with just a few where you pay attention.  (I will be making this pattern again, you can count on that!)

Third up: Fafnir Hat

This one is for the bus driver that used to drive TOB to preschool, many years and most of the country away.  The most notable thing about this particular finished object is that yarn has traveled with me for something like 35 years!  (I got it when I worked at a yarn store in my teens!)

Next was a super quick Scarf: Bias Dropped Stitch Scarf for my "Other Daughter"...and yes she calls me her Other Mother!
And on that note...I have two more pairs of socks and at least two more hats to knit in the next 15 days!

Wish me luck!

~M

No comments: