pinterest

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Where are you from ?

I am from knitting needles, from Seattle’s Best Coffee and early dawns.

I am from the chilly floors against bare feet..

I am from daffodils and the first signs of crocus in the spring.

I am from Christmas Gatherings and English Accents from Roberts, Reeves and Finch.

I am from the busy hands and questioning minds.

From question the obvious and follow your passions.

I am from the nature of the world, the science and the fantasy.

I'm from the city and the country and from cakes and roast beef dinners.

From the black eyes that made my grandmother look like a panda, from the woman that could outrun rabbits on a dare.

I am from the hallway of family pictures, from portraits and still life, from candid snapshots and memories..


~ M

No comments: